Mast raising

Welcome to PocketShip.net! This bulletin board is for builders of the Chesapeake Light Craft-John C. Harris "PocketShip" design, a 15-foot micro cruiser sailboat built from a kit or plans.

For more information on PocketShip, click here: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship

This site gathers PocketShip builders in one place. Here you can share photos, tips, questions, and---eventually---your sailing adventures in PocketShip! CLC will also post design updates and tips here as they come up.

We'll try to knock down spam as quickly as possible.

Moderator: John C. Harris

Forum rules
Spam or commercial posts will be deleted.
This is a civil forum: no flames or drunken tirades.
Please stay on-topic.
PocketShip's Web Page: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship
If you need CLC customer service: http://www.clcboats.com/forms/contact_us.html
We'll try to delete spam as soon as it appears.

Mast raising

Postby 68guns on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:49 am

John,
Can you give me an idea on how the mast is raised? Can this be accomplished solo? I am moving to the shores of Lake Erie and need to take up a new hobby....sailing! Sorry for the Sailing 101 questions.
68guns

Re: Mast raising

Postby ahamm on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:39 pm

I sure hope so, as I will be sailing solo myself. Since the forstay is all that keeps the mast from crashing down onto the boom gallows it should be fairly simple to walk the mast upright then attach the forstay to the bow sprit. Bingo your sailing.
ahamm

Postby 68guns on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:31 am

Ahamm
Where are you located in N Texas? I'm in Flower Mound. :?:
68guns

Postby ahamm on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:00 pm

North -East Texas , Nobility (try to find that on the map :mrgreen: )
ahamm

Postby Keith on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:52 pm

ahamm wrote:North -East Texas , Nobility (try to find that on the map :mrgreen: )

33° 22.56N 96° 22.15W

I see a few small lakes around you, and a larger one about 30 km off to your SW and a scattering of others not too far away. Will you sail your PocketShip in some of the lakes nearby, or will you go down to the coast about 4-5 hours away?

Flower Mound is about 33° 1.60N 97° 5.45W and has a few more lakes nearby than you do! As the crow flies, the two of you are only about 78 km or 50 miles apart.
Keith

Postby ahamm on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Lake Texoma will be the the primary sailing area with Lake Grapevine a close second. Of coarse I plan on road trip to Annapolis, promised my sister I would take here sailing.
ahamm

Return to PocketShip Forum