New guy

Welcome to PocketShip.net! This bulletin board is for builders of the Chesapeake Light Craft-John C. Harris "PocketShip" design, a 15-foot micro cruiser sailboat built from a kit or plans.

For more information on PocketShip, click here: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship

This site gathers PocketShip builders in one place. Here you can share photos, tips, questions, and---eventually---your sailing adventures in PocketShip! CLC will also post design updates and tips here as they come up.

We'll try to knock down spam as quickly as possible.

Moderator: John C. Harris

Forum rules
Spam or commercial posts will be deleted.
This is a civil forum: no flames or drunken tirades.
Please stay on-topic.
PocketShip's Web Page: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship
If you need CLC customer service: http://www.clcboats.com/forms/contact_us.html
We'll try to delete spam as soon as it appears.

Re: New guy

Postby Pascal on Fri May 25, 2012 8:16 am

You need to click on the blog to see the pictures....they should be there
Pascal

Postby jwv630 on Fri May 25, 2012 10:21 am

Pascal:

Dang. Saw the pics - now I'm really sorry I missed the event! Naoned and Tatoo really look great. Gonna start working harder on my PS....

Best wishes,
Jimmy V
jwv630

Postby Pascal on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Sometime ago John put a drawing on the post for the wiring detail of Solar power on Pocketship. Is it possible to get it again ? Happy holidays to all.
Pascal

To Jonlee

Postby Pascal on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:25 pm

I tried to send a private message but I thing I messed up....( I am better with wood then computer )

I use the patterns that came in the manual and scan them to different scale in order to make it a little bigger. Then I glued all with wood veneer. It was not very accurate but with enough glue and saw dust I thought it would be ok. I sanded enough to make it look like a boat. Congratulation on your beautiful boat.
Pascal

Postby kilderkin on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Pascal wrote:Sometime ago John put a drawing on the post for the wiring detail of Solar power on Pocketship. Is it possible to get it again ? Happy holidays to all.

Seems there has been no reply to this. Here's my plan - you might have different requirements

I will add a 5W solar panel on the hood, then, via a two pin plug/socket through to the space aft of bulkhead 2. This will be wired (via a fuse, no switch) to the battery. The fuse is there to protect against a short in the wire, panel, or the plug. This should be sufficient for my electronics (GPS @ 70mA, hand-held radio on receive, about the same) and to keep the Gp 27 battery topped off (Gp 27 is also 50lb of ballast). All lights (cabin and navigation) are LED, and very low power. Even when parked, the panel will charge, ensuring it's always "ready to go". The power panel can be off, and the solar panel is still connected. Make sure the panel you get has an isolation diode to stop the panel draining the battery at night.

If your boat battery is small, or your panel is >15W, you may need a controller - no idea how to integrate that with everything else.

I have a powerpoint with the initial circuit plan, if that might help. However, it's a plan at this time - Kilderkin II will be wired in the next few weeks - too cold to finish off the glassing :-(

Hope this helps......

SteveW
Kilderkin II
kilderkin

Postby chaertl on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi Steve,

The power controller just fits inline between the panel and the battery. Positive and negitive leads to the panel, positve and negative to the battery. Some do require to hook up the panel and batery in the correct order though. For the size battery you're using you might want to look into a bigger panel. I'm using a 14w panel from Hamilton Marine on a U-1L sized battery and a cheap controller from Northern Hydraulics.

Chris
chaertl

Postby Pascal on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:33 pm

Thank you for the information . I hope to complete the electric :) project by spring time.
Pascal

Postby chaertl on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi Pascal,

Here's the link to the thread with the electrical diagram. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95
If it doesn't work it's on page 4 of the archive. You have to scroll down quite a ways to get to the diagam.

Chris
chaertl

Previous

Return to PocketShip Forum