New guy

Welcome to PocketShip.net! This bulletin board is for builders of the Chesapeake Light Craft-John C. Harris "PocketShip" design, a 15-foot micro cruiser sailboat built from a kit or plans.

For more information on PocketShip, click here: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship

This site gathers PocketShip builders in one place. Here you can share photos, tips, questions, and---eventually---your sailing adventures in PocketShip! CLC will also post design updates and tips here as they come up.

We'll try to knock down spam as quickly as possible.

Moderator: John C. Harris

Forum rules
Spam or commercial posts will be deleted.
This is a civil forum: no flames or drunken tirades.
Please stay on-topic.
PocketShip's Web Page: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship
If you need CLC customer service: http://www.clcboats.com/forms/contact_us.html
We'll try to delete spam as soon as it appears.

Re: New guy

Postby Pascal on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:54 pm

We glued the tiller today.... ;)
Pascal

Postby Pascal on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:03 pm

Really like the way these came out...... ;)
Pascal

Postby Pascal on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:23 pm

I had to build a temporary structure...Getting on the way for the home run... I hope to be able to complete this project and start sailing by July :)
Pascal

Postby Pascal on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Here a are the pictures of the boat flipping breakfast party...It went great and here comes more sanding !!!!!!! :lol:
Pascal

Primer on sanded epoxy ?

Postby Pascal on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:47 pm

I am ready to start the painting of the hull.....I am confuse. Based on the manual it looks like we do not need to prime sanded epoxy. When I went to west marine they seem to think that I do.....can someone clarify this ? :?: Priming or not priming ? :oops:
Pascal

Postby John C. Harris on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:19 pm

Over the MAS brand epoxy, you do not need a primer for the herbicidal bottom paint. Older-style epoxies (with blushing problems) always needed something to crosslink the bottom paint and the epoxy. Not so with MAS.
John C. Harris

Postby Pascal on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Thanks John.....I also notice on a couple of completed Pocketship that people chose to put a support on the bottom of the cabin wall. I do not think you did on yours and it is not on the manual..... What is your opinion on that ? :?:
Pascal

Postby biel on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:15 am

Hi Pascal,

I noticed in a photo in your blog what appears to be wooden poles instead of stainless steel tubing for your gallows, or were my eyes deceiving me?

Cheers.
biel

Postby Pascal on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:00 am

You are right . The space was to low to try the pole so I put wood rod that I had in the shop just to see.... ;)
Pascal

Postby Pascal on Mon May 09, 2011 10:53 am

Couple more pictures.....now it is a matter of painting ,varnishing and getting it ready for the launch....what a great project..all this work with a huge reward at the end....sailing. :)
Pascal

PreviousNext

Return to PocketShip Forum