Scott's Pocketship progress

Welcome to PocketShip.net! This bulletin board is for builders of the Chesapeake Light Craft-John C. Harris "PocketShip" design, a 15-foot micro cruiser sailboat built from a kit or plans.

For more information on PocketShip, click here: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship

This site gathers PocketShip builders in one place. Here you can share photos, tips, questions, and---eventually---your sailing adventures in PocketShip! CLC will also post design updates and tips here as they come up.

We'll try to knock down spam as quickly as possible.

Moderator: John C. Harris

Forum rules
Spam or commercial posts will be deleted.
This is a civil forum: no flames or drunken tirades.
Please stay on-topic.
PocketShip's Web Page: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship
If you need CLC customer service: http://www.clcboats.com/forms/contact_us.html
We'll try to delete spam as soon as it appears.

Scott's Pocketship progress

Postby SHyland83 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:46 pm

I was just going to start a thread on another forum and then CLC comes to the rescue, and i get to be the first to post :D . I have done a really poor job of remembering to take pictures so far, but I'm going to try to get better. The only problem i've had so far is dealing with the cold weather. I have been letting the pieces cure in the garage for a few hours then carrying them into the house to cure so i can turn off the heat in the garage. That's going to be hard to do when i start glassing the hull panels soon, not sure how i'm going to deal with that yet. This is what it looks like now...

SHyland83

Re: Scott's Pocketship progress

Postby Donm1753 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:40 pm

Great addition to the dining room! :lol:
Donm1753

Postby Fishbuster on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Yes do try to make picture taking a regular routine every time you do something.

Better to have too many pics than not enough. I took a lot (I thought) of pictures of my kayak build but sometimes someone has a question I can answer and help with but find myself wishing I had a better detailed photo to add with my post.

The Pocketship is a new addition to the fleet of kits, so there are a whole lot of us curious and excited about seeing these boats built. Many will be following your build! 8-)
Fishbuster

Postby SHyland83 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:00 pm

So i poured the lead in the keel today, it went really well. Here are some pictures of my ghetto rig. I had an old propane burner that i had to make some modifications to. I also glued up the centerboard and the puzzle joint on the piece that attaches to the keel.

SHyland83

Postby SHyland83 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:19 am

Today is a big day, I plan on starting to stitch the hull together this afternoon. i'll post pics as soon as i can.
SHyland83

Postby SHyland83 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:06 pm

I have more than a few puncture wounds from the wire, but i have it mostly stitched together. A few of the bulkheads still need to be stitched in.

SHyland83

Postby jeff on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:59 pm

Nice work Scott, It's beginning to look like a boat.........Now the fun begins "the Fillets"............... keep up the pics.
jeff

Postby SHyland83 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Ok a long overdue update on progress.

The transom going in

My home made fillet tool made from a plastic spreader

Tack welds in and wires removed

Fillets
SHyland83

Postby SHyland83 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Glassing the inside of the hull

Now I'm in the process of installing the floorboards
SHyland83

Postby SHyland83 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:47 am

So i bought a house, got married and had a baby in the last 5 years but did not work on the boat much. I have a lot of progress pics from before i stopped working on it i will post soon. And hopefully now that i started back up again i will keep up with pics.
SHyland83

Next

Return to PocketShip Forum