Pocketship builders in Wisconsin

Welcome to PocketShip.net! This bulletin board is for builders of the Chesapeake Light Craft-John C. Harris "PocketShip" design, a 15-foot micro cruiser sailboat built from a kit or plans.

For more information on PocketShip, click here: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship

This site gathers PocketShip builders in one place. Here you can share photos, tips, questions, and---eventually---your sailing adventures in PocketShip! CLC will also post design updates and tips here as they come up.

We'll try to knock down spam as quickly as possible.

Moderator: John C. Harris

Forum rules
Spam or commercial posts will be deleted.
This is a civil forum: no flames or drunken tirades.
Please stay on-topic.
PocketShip's Web Page: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship
If you need CLC customer service: http://www.clcboats.com/forms/contact_us.html
We'll try to delete spam as soon as it appears.

Pocketship builders in Wisconsin

Postby Kokomo34 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Hello fellow builders , I'm looking for someone in Wisconsin who is currently building a Pocketship. I would like to visit,view and ask a few questions. Thanks in advance. Dave
Kokomo34

Re: Pocketship builders in Wisconsin

Postby Bflat on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:38 pm

I bought the plans a few years ago. I plan to buy the kit and begin building this spring. I'm in Wausau. I know you asked for current builders and I'm not that, but thought I'd respond anyway. Bob
Bflat

Postby Bflat on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:03 pm

I ordered the kit today. Pretty excited! Been thinking about this for a long time. As planned, it should arrive around the beginning of April (I'm hoping for spring to free up my garage by then).
Bob
Bflat

Postby truenorth on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:41 am

Hey, Bob. I'm a Minnesota builder, about 2 years out from the shakedown sail, but making progress. There's a finished boat in the Twin Cities. We'll have to get the Midwest fleet together!
truenorth

Postby Bflat on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Truenorth,
I'd definitely be interested in a midwest fleet meeting. Of course, I haven't even begun mine yet. I mistakenly said I expected the kit to arrive the beginning of April. I meant to say May. Am very anxious to get started. I'll be retiring in June and expect to put in 40+ hour weeks into the project.
I'd like to get it as far along as I can before the end of Fall so that I can trailer it to winter storage and complete it the following spring/summer.
Have you selected a trailer yet?
Bob
Bflat

Postby truenorth on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Not exactly :)

I'm a little ways away from thinking about a trailer. I have to first figure out how to get the finished keel assembly out of my basement workshop and into my garage. Before that, I have to figure out how to clear out my garage from all the assorted stuff I've been dumping temporarily in there. And before that, Mother Nature has to figure out that it's actually spring time and the temperature should be above freezing (we're expected to get 12 inches of snow today through Thursday).

I like the idea of a customized one but it'll come down, as always, to cost. It's great fun, a great project. Even the things that aren't much fun are a lot more fun than other non fun things if you know what I mean.
truenorth

Postby kayakscott on Sun May 12, 2013 8:57 pm

I have a PocketShip that is about ready for its first sail in Southern Minnesota. I plan to bring it to the Meassabout on Lake Pepin May31-June 1.
kayakscott

Postby truenorth on Tue May 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Hey, Scott. I'm pretty bummed I'm gonna miss the Pepin event due to travel, but there is a finished PocketShip in Minnesota and another with a stitched hull in the Twin Cities (18 mos out). Come up to Minnetonka or Waconia for a sail.
truenorth

Postby kayakscott on Tue May 28, 2013 4:19 pm

I am in Owatonna, so Waconia or Minnetonka are both close.
kayakscott

Postby chaertl on Tue May 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi Scott,

I've got the finished one near Waconia. Let me know if you'd like a trial sail sometime.

Chris
chaertl

Next

Return to PocketShip Forum