So Are You Happy???

Welcome to PocketShip.net! This bulletin board is for builders of the Chesapeake Light Craft-John C. Harris "PocketShip" design, a 15-foot micro cruiser sailboat built from a kit or plans.

For more information on PocketShip, click here: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship

This site gathers PocketShip builders in one place. Here you can share photos, tips, questions, and---eventually---your sailing adventures in PocketShip! CLC will also post design updates and tips here as they come up.

We'll try to knock down spam as quickly as possible.

Moderator: John C. Harris

Forum rules
Spam or commercial posts will be deleted.
This is a civil forum: no flames or drunken tirades.
Please stay on-topic.
PocketShip's Web Page: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship
If you need CLC customer service: http://www.clcboats.com/forms/contact_us.html
We'll try to delete spam as soon as it appears.

So Are You Happy???

Postby kimsails on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:35 am

As a prospective PocketShip builder, I want to ask a few questions to those of you who have built and sailed your boat. Are you happy with your boat and how it sails? Was it worth it? Is there anything you would change in hindsight? Thanks for your insights. There's nothing more valuable.

Kim
kimsails

Re: So Are You Happy???

Postby jwv630 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi Kim:

I cannot offer much to your question regarding how the Pocketship sails since I'm only about 15% thru the building process and really enjoying it. Several years ago I had a great time building one of CLC's Skerry's so I am familiar with the company. I am quite the novice but I've always received prompt, courteous, and thorough service. I email John Harris, the owner of CLC and designer of the Pockeship whenever I have a question; always receive a response within 24 hours.

Good luck
Jimmy Vitale
jwv630

Postby Dave Archer on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:01 am

I have only the spars left to build. It has been a wonderful 18 month experience. The plans have been spot on and now I look out at the boat sitting on the trailer begging for me to finish her and I can't wait for the launch, set for the 18th August. I recommend this project to all prospective boat builders. The team at CLC have been wonderful and I have had no trouble finding bits and pieces for her on the internet. I have chosen the name "Precious Little".
Dave Archer

Postby JonLee on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Short answer...deeeee-lighted.

The build is full of emotional ups and downs, but mostly it is a lot of fun (except all the sanding)...at least you end up remembering it that way.

The boat sails very nicely. Sitting in PocketShip's roomy cockpit on a warm, sunny day, gliding effortlessly under full sail in a 5 knot breeze yeilds a blissful state that is a well-earned reward for all that sanding.
JonLee

Postby Pascal on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Great project . so much fun building it. I actually would love to do it again.....but I will hire few guys for the sanding....and sanding....while sanding this boat is huge..

Great little boat but best use alone or 2 persons. 4 is a little crowded. (Adding a sit in the companion way made a huge difference.)

10 mph to 17 mph of wind is exactly what this boat need.....so much fun. Any less than that and it is a little sluggish...
Would highly recommend the experience ....

The staff at CLC is second to none....really impressive.
Pascal

Return to PocketShip Forum