Hull Hardware Package Drop Boards

Welcome to PocketShip.net! This bulletin board is for builders of the Chesapeake Light Craft-John C. Harris "PocketShip" design, a 15-foot micro cruiser sailboat built from a kit or plans.

For more information on PocketShip, click here: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship

This site gathers PocketShip builders in one place. Here you can share photos, tips, questions, and---eventually---your sailing adventures in PocketShip! CLC will also post design updates and tips here as they come up.

We'll try to knock down spam as quickly as possible.

Moderator: John C. Harris

Forum rules
Spam or commercial posts will be deleted.
This is a civil forum: no flames or drunken tirades.
Please stay on-topic.
PocketShip's Web Page: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship
If you need CLC customer service: http://www.clcboats.com/forms/contact_us.html
We'll try to delete spam as soon as it appears.

Hull Hardware Package Drop Boards

Postby Shudoman on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Has anyone else purchased the "Hull Hardware Package" from CLC and have the drop boards not be big enough?

Both the drop boards that came in my package are the same size and also the same size as the lower drop board template that came with the PocketShip kit. The upper drop board template includes a curve at the top but neither of the drop boards provided in the Hull Hardware Package is large enough to cut that form. I was wondering if this is the way it's supposed to be or did CLC make a mistake and not send me the right set?

It seems a little strange that I got what looks like two exactly matched lower drop boards.

Appreciate any insight. (You may have to open these images in a new tab to get the full idea of what I'm talking about)

Bill

Shudoman

Re: Hull Hardware Package Drop Boards

Postby captain charlie on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:21 pm

I think you just got the wrong pieces with the package. I got the package and it had a larger curved top piece and a smaller rectangle for the bottom. However, the pieces together weren't quite big enough ( width ok but top-to-bottom not quite long enough). I think I could probably have made them fit, but I really didn't like the look. I ended up making two sets of drop boards out of left -over plywood. One is solid and has the lock on it while the other I cut out the middles and affixed screen wire to make them bug proof. I also made small screen frames that fit on the bottom of the air vents. I will have an opportunity to test both the vents and screened drop boards in a few months as things start to warm up here in Arkansas. Didn't mean to be so verbose - just got carried away..... captain charlie
captain charlie

Re: Hull Hardware Package Drop Boards

Postby John C. Harris on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:08 pm

Clearly someone here boffed your order. The top drop board should have a curve in it. I don't know who "Shudoman" is; drop us a line through CLC channels so we can fix it at once. Makes me wonder if there's a PocketShip builder somewhere with two top drop boards and no bottom drop board.
John C. Harris

Return to PocketShip Forum