New PocketShip Sailing Video (December 31st, 2014)

Welcome to PocketShip.net! This bulletin board is for builders of the Chesapeake Light Craft-John C. Harris "PocketShip" design, a 15-foot micro cruiser sailboat built from a kit or plans.

For more information on PocketShip, click here: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship

This site gathers PocketShip builders in one place. Here you can share photos, tips, questions, and---eventually---your sailing adventures in PocketShip! CLC will also post design updates and tips here as they come up.

We'll try to knock down spam as quickly as possible.

Moderator: John C. Harris

Forum rules
Spam or commercial posts will be deleted.
This is a civil forum: no flames or drunken tirades.
Please stay on-topic.
PocketShip's Web Page: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship
If you need CLC customer service: http://www.clcboats.com/forms/contact_us.html
We'll try to delete spam as soon as it appears.

New PocketShip Sailing Video (December 31st, 2014)

Postby John C. Harris on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qXQ4HJihr4

We shot this video back in June 2014, and at last got the many hours of footage edited into a fun 13-minute launching-and-sailing tutorial.

A balm for everyone who's shop-bound with their PocketShip project, or just waiting for it to get warm again to go sailing.

Too bad the masthead camera pooped out at the start, but with three other cameras rolling it's not missed.

Enjoy!
John C. Harris

Re: New PocketShip Sailing Video (December 31st, 2014)

Postby Shudoman on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:44 pm

Nice video. Gave me some nice operational ideas. Is there a pattern or source for that mainsail cover?

Thanks,
Bill
Shudoman

Postby JonLee on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:22 pm

YES!!!

Thanks, John!
JonLee

Postby peaze on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:38 am

Once again John, I take my hat off for you. You have the ability of making things look like a ride on the park, and well done. The more I cover steps of building my pocket the more I like the boat. Although she is for sale I will enjoy as much as I can every minute of the gestation as well as her first steps holding my hand. Although you never answer my emails but that´s ok, after all perfection doesn´t exist -:) Happy New Year for you all!!!
peaze

Postby DanaDCole on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Great video! That was a very short 13 minutes. I'm sending a copy of this to all my blog followers who have been wondering what the heck I am building anyway. They should enjoy it and maybe you'll get some new customers.
DanaDCole

Postby herbt on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:17 am

Hello John

Thanks for the video. Very helpful.

Can you take a minute to describe how you have the slab reefing line rigged? I think it would be very useful for many of us.

Herb
herbt

Postby Dave Archer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Hello John,

Great video. I haven't solo sailed Precious Little yet but it is on my list to do. too am very interested in how to rig and operate the slab reefing. Had an interesting sail on boxing day sailing between the islands south of Fremantle in Perth where we were terribly over powered and reefing would have been a good option. I do have a similar sail cover on my Precious Little and it makes launching very quick, under 15 mins.

Thanks Dave Archer
Dave Archer

Postby UniCacher on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:44 am

John,

Thanks for the video. It's one more motivation to finish the strip paddleboard that I started in September and clear out a spot in the garage for Pocketship. I have blessings from the wife and hope to place an order by spring break.
UniCacher

Return to PocketShip Forum