PocketShip Halyard Rigging Update (Pages 271-274)

Welcome to PocketShip.net! This bulletin board is for builders of the Chesapeake Light Craft-John C. Harris "PocketShip" design, a 15-foot micro cruiser sailboat built from a kit or plans.

For more information on PocketShip, click here: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship

This site gathers PocketShip builders in one place. Here you can share photos, tips, questions, and---eventually---your sailing adventures in PocketShip! CLC will also post design updates and tips here as they come up.

We'll try to knock down spam as quickly as possible.

Moderator: John C. Harris

Forum rules
Spam or commercial posts will be deleted.
This is a civil forum: no flames or drunken tirades.
Please stay on-topic.
PocketShip's Web Page: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship
If you need CLC customer service: http://www.clcboats.com/forms/contact_us.html
We'll try to delete spam as soon as it appears.

PocketShip Halyard Rigging Update (Pages 271-274)

Postby John C. Harris on Wed May 06, 2015 12:13 pm

I have overhauled those pages and created a diagram for added clarity.

Harken is currently shifting over to "Carbo blocks" to replace the bullet blocks that have been around for 40 years. I sent out some inquiries this morning for an easy-to-read chart listing, for example, which Carbo block replaces the 082. Thus far no one has responded with anything coherent. The old bullet blocks had 29mm sheaves, and the new "Carbo" blocks also have 29mm sheaves, so it's possible to make sense of the substitutions by comparing sheave size. Stateside, anyway, the original bullet blocks are still in wide circulation and we continue to ship those with the kits.

Those four pages plus the new diagram are pasted below. If you have trouble viewing these online, shoot a note to [email protected], subject line "PocketShip Rigging," and I'll email a PDF version of the update.

To preempt a long stream of "And while you're at it..." comments, good-natured and otherwise: Yes, I've been accumulating tweaks for an eventual Second Edition of PocketShip's manual. That's a year or two away at least. The current edition is very, very good and a Second Edition will be very, very costly, so I'll get to it as soon as I'm humanly able.

Pocketship Rigging Guide Update Page 271.jpg
Pocketship Rigging Guide Update Page 271.jpg (506.31 KiB) Viewed 2814 times

Halyard Rigging Update 050615 - Thumb.jpg
Halyard Rigging Update 050615 - Thumb.jpg (218.02 KiB) Viewed 2846 times

Pocketship Rigging Guide Update Page 272.jpg
Pocketship Rigging Guide Update Page 272.jpg (452.16 KiB) Viewed 2819 times

Pocketship Rigging Guide Update Page 273.jpg
Pocketship Rigging Guide Update Page 273.jpg (438.29 KiB) Viewed 2819 times

Pocketship Rigging Guide Update Page 274.jpg
Pocketship Rigging Guide Update Page 274.jpg (346.93 KiB) Viewed 2808 times
John C. Harris

Return to PocketShip Forum