PocketShip or Teardrop Trailer? (Why not both)

Welcome to PocketShip.net! This bulletin board is for builders of the Chesapeake Light Craft-John C. Harris "PocketShip" design, a 15-foot micro cruiser sailboat built from a kit or plans.

For more information on PocketShip, click here: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship

This site gathers PocketShip builders in one place. Here you can share photos, tips, questions, and---eventually---your sailing adventures in PocketShip! CLC will also post design updates and tips here as they come up.

We'll try to knock down spam as quickly as possible.

Moderator: John C. Harris

Forum rules
Spam or commercial posts will be deleted.
This is a civil forum: no flames or drunken tirades.
Please stay on-topic.
PocketShip's Web Page: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship
If you need CLC customer service: http://www.clcboats.com/forms/contact_us.html
We'll try to delete spam as soon as it appears.

PocketShip or Teardrop Trailer? (Why not both)

Postby bcollins1234 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:54 am

John,

The next mission is to determine how to tow a PocketShip and the new Teardrop Trailer in tandem, because after the PS I know what I want my next project to be. I also don't want to be in a position of leaving either toy behind. :lol:
bcollins1234

Re: PocketShip or Teardrop Trailer? (Why not both)

Postby jwv630 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

I saw the finished Teardrop Trailer at OkoumeFest - and love it. My son, 12, loves winter camping and I'm was just about to tell him 'i just ain't got it in me anymore son' - but the Teardrop would be the answer to that.

We're taking our Skerry up to Maine in July for WoodenBoat's Small Reach Regatta; will participate with 62 other like minded builders/sailers for a few days. While there, I'm going to ask Geoff Kerr, a professional boatbuilder that works with CLC, if he'd build one for me and how much.

Good luck,
Jimmy V
'Miss Jen II'
jwv630

Postby Bflat on Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Pocketship on a trailer can be used as a camper while on land. Climbing on and off isn't convenient, but for a quick overnight or several it beats pitching a tent.
Bflat

Postby craig on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:02 pm

I think Pocketship could be a very nice place to sleep on the road, assuming you put up curtains on the Windows. I can't tell you how many times I've caught people peering through the windows at gas stations, etc. haha. I would love to take a driving/sailing trip one day, and would gladly sleep on Pocketship. After seeing the teardrop in person at okoumefest, I think that the Pocketship cabin is competitive in size. Maybe even a little taller? The centerboard takes up room on the centerline though.
Titania, launched January 2015
craig

Return to PocketShip Forum