Joining and Posting on PocketShip.net

Welcome to PocketShip.net! This bulletin board is for builders of the Chesapeake Light Craft-John C. Harris "PocketShip" design, a 15-foot micro cruiser sailboat built from a kit or plans.

For more information on PocketShip, click here: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship

This site gathers PocketShip builders in one place. Here you can share photos, tips, questions, and---eventually---your sailing adventures in PocketShip! CLC will also post design updates and tips here as they come up.

We'll try to knock down spam as quickly as possible.

Moderator: John C. Harris

Forum rules
Spam or commercial posts will be deleted.
This is a civil forum: no flames or drunken tirades.
Please stay on-topic.
PocketShip's Web Page: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship
If you need CLC customer service: http://www.clcboats.com/forms/contact_us.html
We'll try to delete spam as soon as it appears.

Joining and Posting on PocketShip.net

Postby John C. Harris on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:14 pm

I get about 10 requests daily to join PocketShip.net, and usually 9 of those are from spammers. It's a nonstop (and time-consuming) battle to prevent spam from clogging the bulletin board, requiring actual human intervention to identify who is a PocketShip fan and who is a spamming scoundrel. I have to look up every single IP address, one at a time, or risk getting bathed in revolting advertisements.

So, some tips for legitimate PocketShip fans who want to post on the board:

1. If your username is gibberish, like "fjzh8fxh", I won't even bother to check your IP. You don't have a chance. Use something coherent like "Michael in Oregon" or whatever. Or, hey: here's a concept! Use your ACTUAL NAME.
2. If your email address is gibberish, like [email protected], I probably won't bother to look any further. We don't bug PocketShip.net users with emails of any kind, nor is your address visible to users, so you can use your personal email address without fear of being spammed by anyone.
3. Since actual humans review new members, it might take a couple of days to get to your application. Please be patient, we won't forget you!
4. While I'm sure there are lots of people in various Eastern European and Asian countries who are genuinely interested in PocketShip, 99 out of 100 of your comrades are trying to spam this bulletin board. Please send an email through CLC's Contact page if you're having trouble joining.

Thanks for your patience. Your PocketShip.net Admin, striving to keep us from being fouled by spam since 2007.

John C. Harris

Re: Joining and Posting on PocketShip.net

Postby captain charlie on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 am

John, could I change my e-mail address to: [email protected] ? thanks, Charlie Huie, captain charlie
captain charlie

Postby rdbrown on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Thank you for letting me in. I've just retired, and my wife and I have been taking sailing lessons out of Oriental, NC. I'm visiting CLC in Annapolis at their open house next month. I'm telling my wife I want to build a kayak (we have 2 fiberglass ones we use a lot), but really I'd like to build a Pocketship. Thankfully, she doesn't read this column. At any rate, hopefully they'll have one at the open house. I look forward to seeing one and convincing my wife . I may end up buying instead of building one,however. Where is the best place to look for used Pocketships for sale? Bob
rdbrown

Postby TallySailor on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:45 am

[color=#0040BF]So, I built a BlueJay and raced her in my teen age years[/around Cape Cod in the Sixties. Looking for a new hobby and just cant stop looking at sailboat kits to relive the experience of my youth. Quite a hiatus from sailing for me, but never lost my eye for a beautiful boat. Came across CLC and pocket ship just messing around on You Tube under sailboats. Many irons in the fire these days,so it is mostly Pocket Ship pipe dreaming now, but seriously thinking of attending a class at CLC later this year to get a PS started and trailer back to N Florida. This is such a cool opportunity. I am finding myself thinking about this pocket ship constantly! But I imagine that is how it starts!
TallySailor

Postby karlstatt on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:17 am

Hi John, can you make this board compatible with tapatalk? This would be very helpful to read and write posts on a smartphone or smaller tablet computer.
There is nothing good unless you do it.
karlstatt

Return to PocketShip Forum