PocketShip Sailing Photo Gallery

Welcome to PocketShip.net! This bulletin board is for builders of the Chesapeake Light Craft-John C. Harris "PocketShip" design, a 15-foot micro cruiser sailboat built from a kit or plans.

For more information on PocketShip, click here: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship

This site gathers PocketShip builders in one place. Here you can share photos, tips, questions, and---eventually---your sailing adventures in PocketShip! CLC will also post design updates and tips here as they come up.

We'll try to knock down spam as quickly as possible.

Moderator: John C. Harris

Forum rules
Spam or commercial posts will be deleted.
This is a civil forum: no flames or drunken tirades.
Please stay on-topic.
PocketShip's Web Page: http://www.clcboats.com/pocketship
If you need CLC customer service: http://www.clcboats.com/forms/contact_us.html
We'll try to delete spam as soon as it appears.

Re: PocketShip Sailing Photo Gallery

Postby mark48 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:43 am

Congratulations, Wayne!

Looks great. I'm bundled for winter and working inside - Oh to be in a warmer climate!

All the best,
Mark
mark48

Postby Wayne G on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:22 pm

Thanks Mark,

Florida weather is great now but I'll be complaining about it again next May (if I'm lucky and the brutal heat stays off that long).
Good luck with your winter PocketShip projects.
Wayne Gray
Orlando Florida
Wayne G

Postby sean on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:32 pm

After sailing "Garage Sail" for years, figured time to add a few photos to the gallery. I've found it hard to get a good photo of her in action, so instead, a few photo from a swimmer's perspective.
Attachments
IMG_3573 copy.jpg
IMG_3573 copy.jpg (103.72 KiB) Viewed 15777 times
DSCF0021 copy.jpg
DSCF0021 copy.jpg (100.48 KiB) Viewed 15723 times
sean

Postby mark48 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:09 pm

Greetings all PocketShip folks,

Puffin was launched July 18, 2018. Puffin was started from a kit in November, 2015, here in New Hampshire (where winters preclude work on the hull). Building was great fun. I give a standing ovation for the assistance I received from all the Chesapeake Light Craft folks including John Harris himself, Terry, Nikki, and un-named others. Thanks also to Geoff Kerr (of Two Daughters Boatworks, builder of PS #1) for his assistance both at various WoodenBoat Shows and at his shop. Thanks to all those who post on the PS forum; over the course of my build, I gathered a multi-page word document of the URL links to various topics you've all written about, and it's a file I will return to many times going forward. And a special thanks to Wayne in Orlando for providing lots of timely advice during Puffin's construction and allowing me to sail with him on the Janey Mack (pictured above).

I offer a couple photos of Puffin under sail and at its mooring on our local lake. Next summer I hope to have Puffin sailing on Penobscot Bay in Maine, and may post more photos then.

All the best,
Mark Nunlist
Lebanon, NH
Attachments
Puffin under sail.jpg
Puffin under sail.jpg (156.1 KiB) Viewed 15249 times
Puffin on mooring.jpg
Puffin on mooring.jpg (233.3 KiB) Viewed 15234 times
mark48

Postby riverron on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:04 pm

Mark,
She looks great and congratulations on the big accomplishment!

Thanks
riverron

Postby Bflat on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:09 pm

fullsizeoutput_49a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_49a.jpeg (81.26 KiB) Viewed 15220 times
Here's mine. I completed "Luna" in August of 2017 and am finally getting some pics out. I couldn't be happier with her. She sails better than she seemingly should, given her gaff rig and rather stout hull. More photos to come. She may be the first in Wisconsin. I recently showed her off at CLC's show in Madison as part of their show at Rutabaga (the first stop on their way out to their tour west - there are more photos of her on the CLC website to do with that tour).
Thanks,
Bob
Last edited by Bflat on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bflat

Postby Bflat on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:42 pm

fullsizeoutput_465.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_465.jpeg (72.68 KiB) Viewed 15215 times
"Luna" again as she neared completion. Note the oval opening for the bowsprit. I'm pretty sure she's the first Pocketship with round spars (although the bowsprit is oval). I wanted the challenge of building a hollow round mast using the "bird's mouth" method.
Bflat

Postby riverron on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:55 am

Bob, she looks great! I like you color scheme.
riverron

Postby Bflat on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:50 am

P1050718.JPG
P1050718.JPG (142.06 KiB) Viewed 15180 times
Thanks Ron, I tried the colors out first on a half hull model. Unfortunately the green in this photo isn't captured quite as accurately as those in my previous posts.
Bflat

Postby craig on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:36 am

Wow, great looking boat!

I love the half-model, as well. If you have time and interest, I hope you make a post detailing how you built it. I have made a half-model of a Cape Dory Typhoon, but was able to use the staion form shapes that I found online. Maybe someday I will tackle the Pocketship half-model project.
Titania, launched January 2015
craig

PreviousNext

Return to PocketShip Forum